Resource Centre at Ramanagara
Seva-in-Action is working in Ramanagara through resource centres to provide services such as early intervention, inclusive education, skill development & livelihood besides supportive systems like medical, counselling and helping persons with disabilities to get government facilaities. The activities under the rural and urban centres are: –
SAMVARDHANA RESOURCE CENTRE, RAMANAGARA
This Centre provides with a range of services from early intervention to inclusive education, therapy and counselling services to high support group besides vocational training, counselling and also helps families to avail the government facilities for their wards with disability.
- Early intervention: Home based and school readiness activities in the resource centre. Children who enrol under Home based program will receive early intervention service both at home and Centre. Children who are below 6 years of age group are prepared for pre-inclusion & after preparation they are integrated in neighbouring Anganvadis/pre-schools.
- Preparatory / School readiness programme: In the Resource Centre, children with disabilities are prepared for mainstreaming for 2-3 or more number of years depending on the child’s ability and after preparation she/he is integrated in the neighbouring regular school.
- Resource Support for Inclusive Education:Children who are integrated in regular schools are provided with remedial/resource teaching support in the Resource Centre before / after class hours by the Resource teacher.(RT) The RT is also teachers in regular schools where children with disabilities (CWDs) are integrated through resource/remedial teaching curriculum adaptation in evaluation techniques besides adaptations in games & cultural programmes.
- Service to High Support Group: Supporting children with severe disabilities [(ID, CP+ID, MD (Multiple disabilities)] to acquire ADL skills, pre-vocational skills and Vocational skills in the centre.
- Medical Rehabilitation: Referral services to the identified children with disabilities, helping to get disability ID card & other Govt. medical facilities like free surgeries, aids & appliances, Niramaya health insurance scheme under NT related disabilities, etc.
- Skills Development Training for Livelihood opportunities for Adult with disabilities (AwDs): Imparts vocational skills like weaving woollen mat, Candles and paper bags to AwDs. These products are sold locally and also ally through Seva-in-Action.
- Counselling & Guidance Support:To parents and adult with disabilities.
- Self-Advocacy Group –Provides platform for self-advocates comprises of adults with intellectual & developmental disabilities to share their views & support them to mainstream in the community. Deepak an Alumni of the Samvardhana inclusive education program is the treasures of National Self Advocacy group.
Ms. Veena Hegde
Cell Number: 9845358596
Timings: 10 am – 4 pm
Samvardhana Resource Centre
Vijayanagara, Ramdevara Betta road