The 4th year of Quizabled reached Chennai in collaboration with SPASTN, Tamil Nadu.
- Two days event – Prelims and Finals.
- Preliminary Round – On Children’s Day, November 14, 2018, in 7 Nodal centres division wise across Bengaluru.
- There were 4 categories.
- A total of 395 children with disabilities from 39 schools participated in the prelims.
- Quiz master for the Quiz Mr Vinay Mudhaliar, of Mindcogs, conducted the quiz.
- The Final Event was held on November 24, 2018, at BMS College of Engineering, Multi-Purpose Hall, Bengaluru.
- 134 students from Group A were selected as semi-finalists and 36 students from Group B, C & D were selected as finalists.
- The Chief Guest and Guests of honour- Mr Sundeep Talwar, CMO, Akshaya Patra Foundation; Dr Jagadish Thirthalli, HOD, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, NIMHANS, Bengaluru; Ms Shipra Sharma, Retd. Sqdn. Ldr., IAF, CSR Head, LTI; Ms Kamala Achu, Director, DDP, United Kingdom; Mr Ravishankar, Principal, BMS College of Engineering, and Mrs Ruma Banerjee, Chairperson, Seva-in-Action.
- The winners & Runner up teams from 4 groups got cash prizes of Rs. 8000/- and Rs. 5000/- with achievement certificate & trophy. There was a consolation prize for other teams that qualified for the final rounds.
Chennai – 1st edition
- Held on February 23, 2019, at SPASTN’s Auditorium, Chennai.
- A total of 118 children with disabilities from 18 special schools and 3 Mainstream schools participated.
- It was a one-day event where the Prelims and the Finals took place on the same day.
- There were 3 groups
- Group A –– Children with ID
- Group B – Children with CP & ASD
- Group C – Children with VI & HI
- The question paper was prepared and conducted by the Quizmaster Mr Surya, Catalyst Quiz Corp.
- 36 students from Group A, B & C qualified for the final round.
- The Chief Guest and the Guests of honour were – Ms Madhuvanti Arun, Indian Educational Promoter and a renowned actress; Dr Himangshu Das, Director, National Institute for Persons with Multiple Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt of India; Mr Sudhir Shenoi, Centre Head, LTI; Ms Sundari Sivasubbu, Communications Specialist, CSR and Sustainability, HCL Technologies; Dr V L Indira Dutt, President, The Spastics Society of Tamil Nadu and Mrs Ruma Banerjee, Chairperson, Seva-in-Action.
- The winners & runner up teams from 4 groups got a cash prize of Rs. 8000/- and Rs. 5000/- respectively, with achievement certificate & trophy. There was a consolation prize for other teams that qualified for the final rounds.